"Georgia is situated at the crossroad of Europe and Asia, located between the Black and Caspian seas, surrounded by the Caucasus Mountains. One of the safest and peaceful lands a proof of ethical and religious diversity and tolerance. Georgia the country of ancient history and culture, big diversity of natural beauty, multiplicity of historical antiquity, amazing hospitability of people and proper customs, the richest folklore, delicious traditional cuisine and richly flavored wines that gives unforgettable impressions and valuable holidays"
ATCP is affiliated member of “European Network for Accessible Tourism - ENAT” and in 2014 has become National Contact Point organization for ENAT in Georgia. The mission of the ENAT is to make European tourism destinations, products and services accessible to all travelers and to promote accessible tourism around the world and actively protect rights of persons with disabilities.
ATCP is the member of the Coalition for Independent Living Coalition for Independent Living is uniting more than 26 NGO and DPO organizations dealing with disability issues. Based on the international norms and convention, the coalition supports to the perfection of the legislation and the state executive system on the national level.
ATCP’s mission is: To encourage, promote and develop accessible tourism in the Georgian tourism sector
ATCP is engaged in following activities:
- Conducting general and accessible tours in Georgia
- Accessible transfer services in Georgia
- Promoting and developing accessible tourism in Georgia
- Advocacy of accessible environment -universal design standards
- Advocacy of rights of persons with disabilities
- Engaging in programs and services targeting women and youth with disabilities
- Conducting educational programs and trainings on accessible tourism management and Universal Design standards
- Promoting and developing recreational and rehabilitation services for persons with disabilities
- Social entrepreneurship programs focusing on employment of PWDs and IDPs
- Creating and promoting adapted media and audio-visual products
- Professional consultancy: - Customer service trainings on welcome environment for people with disabilities - to make Georgian tourism destinations, products and services accessible to all travelers; - Accessibility of built environment: recommendations, architectural drawings (Universal design standards), monitoring and accessibility Audit; - Recommendations on assistive equipment for people with disabilities for tourism sector.
ATCP partners and donors:
European Union, Europe Foundation, Open Society Georgia Foundation, Embassy of Germany in Georgia, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China In Georgia, Embassy of Switzerland in Georgia, Bank of Georgia -Tree Foundation, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development- Georgian National Tourism Administration, Department of Tourism and resorts of A/R Adjara, International women association- IWA, National Agency for Cultural Heritage Preservation of Georgia, Tbilisi Municipality City Hall. ATCP annually holds International Conferences with the topic: for the Accessible Tourism - Economic Development and Social Responsibility, where international experts from various European countries are invited.